Ring of Fame
The Area 11 2002-2004 Board established the Ring of Fame for those who have made outstanding contributions to the art of Handbell/Handchime ringing.
Area 11 Ring of Fame recognizes exceptional service and commitment to handbell/handchime ringing in general. Service and commitment may include:
- Contributions as an Area 11 or Sub-Area elected officer.
- Volunteer work accomplished at Area 11 or Sub-Area level.
- Achievement of National recognition for contributions to Handbell Musicians of America, Inc.
- Development of materials or methods specific to handbells/handchimes.
- Extended teaching/conducting that has raised the musical standards for ringing.
- Compositions for handbells/handchimes.
- Efforts to expand the art of handbell/handchime ringing into new areas
Educational, Community, Church, or other populations.
The Area 11 Ring of Fame is awarded every two (2) years at the Area 11 Festival/Conference.
There may be no more than four (4) recipients per festival.
The award may be presented posthumously.
Qualifications for Ring of Fame Nominees:
- The candidate should be a current member of Handbell Musicians of America,Inc. However, exceptions may be approved by the Area 11 Board of Directors.
- The candidate must have made significant contributions in one or more of the areas listed above.